Street Fighter and Life Studies

Back from a trip to Las Vegas woo! Damn gambling will destroy your wallet.....unless you're sitting next to me. After poisoning myself there, my liver is currently filing a lawsuit against my brain. It was fun.

So I did another fruit painting study from life and was quite happy with it. I for sure have a lot to learn but I can remember how much trouble I had painting an apple in the past. It didn't look half as good as this.


I had morning-after regrets with my first Ryu painting. I thought it was stiff and too blurry. Here I decided to use more linework and altered the pose. I believe this one turned out more successful as it is a more natural pose and has better defined forms.


Here is my latest work since returning from Las Vegas. I was feeling some WCW wrestling entrances and went for that sort of pose. I believe my painting skills are improving but if any viewers have any suggestions or comments just let me know what you think! I'm trying to learn what I can. Zangief is so sick. Also its fun to take him down with my favorite character Dhalsim. Such a calculated match and at the same time, the Dhalsim player is scared shitless because being cornered or knocked down is pretty much death.

Still not sure how much linework I want to use in my paintings, as I haven't quite learned how to properly use high contrast and hard edges yet. Linework might help with clarity of my works. 

Its been hard to defy apathy, I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment