Attack on Titan! also more portraits!


Here is a bunch of my latest work. I just finished this Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) fanart. This is the longest I've spent on a piece yet. I think I really need to work on my painting economy. I think it lacks some saturated color, but I could not figure out where to add it. I setup this painting by doing value studies before hand and I think by doing them it really helped me organize the work. Maybe I'll get a gif up of the process here too. 



Above is another portrait I did of a friend. I spend a long time on this as well, as I constantly went back to it to look for areas where I could improve likeness. Also Painting curly hair is hard!
Below is my first attempt at a still life I setup using a shadow box. The drawing is not very large so I could not get very deep into details on smaller objects. But as a light study it is useful. Also included is a page from Toronto Subway Sketching. These are a great way to make friends with similar interest and learn a lot!

Let me know what you all think! Thanks!

-Alex

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alex,

    I think your still life looks great and as for the Attack on Titan piece, you can improper it by adding more colour detail to the human. It will not hurt the composition because you can tell that he's far away. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete